Every year the Lansing Old Timers provide scholarships for boys and girls that have participated in one of our programs and are graduating from high school and heading into college.
The scholarships will be distributed to three high school Seniors attending in the Fall of the current year. Deadline to turn in your application is May 1st of the current year.
Applicants must meet the following criteria for eligibility:
- Graduating high school Senior
- Enrolled or accepted by a two or four year college or university
- At least a “B” (3.0 on 4.0 scale) grade average on their latest transcript
- Participated as a Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior in a school athletic program(s)
- Participated in any of the LANSING OLD TIMERS sponsored programs for a minimum of two years
- Complete and submit the application with the required signatures and attachments.
Grants will be awarded by lottery to all eligible applicants. The LANSING OLD TIMERS Scholarship Committee will be the final authority in determining eligibility. The application, along with all required signatures and documents MUST be returned by May 1st of the current year.
The Scholarships will be divided into 2 categories and awarded on a point system.
CATEGORY 1: Qualifications will be a point total of 40-50 (One Award of $1,000)
If a category 1 qualifier is not selected they will also be eligible for the Category 2 award (Two Awards of $500-1 female & 1 male)
CATEGORY 2: Qualification will be a point total of 25-39
- 1 Point for each sport per year student participates in High School with a maximum of 12 points
- 1 Point for each year a parent participates as a coach, manager, board member, or Lansing Old Timers member in good standing with a maximum of 6 points
- 2 Points for each year applicant participated in a Lansing Old Timers program with a maximum of 22 points.
- Grade Point Average of 3.50 or above earns applicant 10 points
- Grade Point Average of 3.25 to 3.49 earns applicant 5 points
- Grade Point Average of 3.00 to 3.24 earns applicant 3 point
Click Here to download Scholarship Application.
Please return application to:
Lansing Old Timers
Attn: Frank Kiefor
PO Box 133
Lansing, IL 60438